- One of Sabinsa’s globally patented weight management product
- A clinically-examined natural aid for weight management
- NutraCon’s Best New Product of 2001 and the first of Sabinsa’s products that received the Thomas Alva Edison Patent Award
- A standardized powdered extract from the roots of the Coleus forskohlii plant
The active compound is forskolin.
Sabinsa supplies standardized extracts of Coleus forskohlii in concentrations of 10%, 20%, 40% and 95% forskohlin
- Forskohlin is a stimulator of the membrane-bound enzyme, adenylyl cyclase. Adenylyl cyclase catalyzes the synthesis of the second messenger molecule, cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP), which activates cAMP activated protein kinase (PKA). PKA triggers hormone sensitive lipase (HSL)
- Hormone sensitive lipase (HSL) is found in adipocytes and in all cell types
- HSL catalyses lipolysis, which ultimately results in weight loss *
No serious side effects nor adverse side effects have been reported.
- Gastric ulcer and hypotensive patients
- People who are taking anti-asthmatic and anti‐hypertensive medicine should consult their health care provider
Yes, forskohlin is extracted from sustainably-grown Coleus forskohlii.
No, ForsLean® is not a genetically-modified organism.
Sabinsa’s ingredients are Kosher and Halal certified as well as Allergen-free.
- Yes, ForsLean® is an Old Dietary Ingredient
- ForsLean® can therefore be marketed immediately, without the need for pre-market NDI notification
The suggested dose is 25 mg of forskholin half hour to 1 hour prior to meals twice daily.
- Weight management
- Sports nutrition
- Circulation support
- Yes, Sabinsa holds a patent (US patent #5804596) for “ Method of preparing forskohlin composition from forskohlin extract and use of forskohlin for promoting lean body mass and treating mood disorders”
- Please see, Patents
- ForsLean® is also patented in Canada (CA2281562), Europe (EP0977564), Singapore (SG121197) and Japan